Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Cranberry Nut Granola - Are You Serious About Deliciousness?



This granola is so good! It's the perfect mixture of crunchy, chewy, salty and sweet. And the aromas that waft through the house when you heat the cranberry, maple, brown sugar, cinnamon mixture on the the stove are amazing. James declared this granola "Perfect!" and then  tried to claim the entire batch for himself. Both of my kids love it. BOTH of them! I know - it's amazing. And it tastes really good on yogurt, too!


Cranberry Nut Granola

Nonstick cooking spray
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup cranberry juice
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup roasted and salted pumpkin seeds
1 cup chopped roasted and salted almonds
1 cup dried cranberries

Directions

Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.

In a small saucepan, combine the maple syrup, brown sugar, cranberry juice, and cinnamon over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until the sugar has dissolved.

In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, pumpkin seeds, and almonds.

Pour the maple mixture over the oat mixture and stir until combined. Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Stir in the cranberries and bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes until the mixture begins to brown. Cool completely. Store airtight in a plastic container for up to 1 week.



To give credit where credit is due, I adapted this recipe from Giada De Laurentiis. Her recipe uses unsweetened cranberry juice (which I never have on hand) and sunflower seeds. I also made a few other minor changes in my version.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that does look really good, thanks for passing it along!

Dena Bagby said...

Darcy...this is the best granola I've ever had!! Thank you so much for the recipe. I had been grilling Jimmy about it at work. Now I can make it too! Thanks again.

Dena
P.S. I love your website. I could spend hours here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...