Sunday, May 16, 2010

Blog Tutorials

I LOVE my new blog design! It's so clean and bright. I visit it every few hours just to gaze at the loveliness.

The best part is: I did it all by myself. I'm so proud.

Every time I mess with my blog's html code, and what I'm trying to accomplish actually works, I feel a little bit smarter than the moment before. Like, I fought my blog, and I won. Take that blog! I'm TOTALLY the boss of you!

A disclaimer: If you ever get stuck on any html nonsense, don't ask me to help you. Because I only have the tiniest clue of what I'm doing in code land. Which is why I rely on the tutorial fairy godmothers of the internet to tell me what to do.

There are a few more things I'd like to do to my blog, but for now, I'm really happy with the changes I've made. And I'm so thankful for all the wonderful tutorials that helped me make my blog fancy. Thank you!!!



Here are the tutorials I used to spiffy up my blog:

Blog Banner Tutorial by Clover Lane



Add Post Dividers by Shabby Blogs

Email Gadget by Just Something I Made


Thank you, tutorial geniuses!




Do you have a great blog tutorial to share? Leave a comment so we can all bask in the glory of conquering our blogs!

7 comments:

TIERAsta said...

Love the look of the blog! And thanks for the links, I'll probably be using them very, very soon!!

SugarandSpice said...

I love the new look!

Sunshine of Seven said...

Love the look!

Thanks for sharing the blogs that helped you!! I'm going to visit them!

Snowcatcher said...

Your new look truly is great, especially since you did it yourself. You have such an upbeat tone in this post, I think many would be encouraged to give redesign a try. You make it sound not quite so scary!

Sara said...

It looks great! Thanks for the links, I see fun in my future (that is when my other hand is freed from baby holding and my foot wakes up)

Jodi said...

Ahhh....red, turquoise, and white is seriously my favorite color combination. Nice work! Loads so much faster, too. Good for those of us who get antsy for a Smart-Bottom fix.

Suz said...

Thanks for the links! I added a banner to my blog last week thanks to one of your tutorials. Not perfect, but better than before. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...